Patrick Thompson, owner of Patrick Thompson Design, a high-end design studio in Detroit, MI specializing in hospitality, commercial and retail spaces, recently installed an Amerec sauna in his basement bathroom adjacent to a fitness area. Patrick worked with an Amerec dealer, Wittock Supply, to make his sauna dream a reality. Read the following testimonial to hear about Patrick’s Amerec sauna experience.
- What motivated you to get a sauna in your home?
I had been to a lecture and the speaker emphasized the health benefits of using a sauna daily. I was using the sauna at my health club for the last two years and really wanted the ability to relax in a sauna at my home.
- How did you come up with your sauna plan?
I had a limited amount of options due to ceiling heights and exposed pipes from my boiler system in my historic home, so the plan somewhat dictated itself.
- How do you use your sauna?
I use it to mediate, relax and for a technology-free getaway.
- When do you typically go into the sauna?
Mornings to start our day, after a workout and in the evenings after a long day. We really use it all the time.
- What has it meant to you to have a sauna in your home?
I love it. I have always wanted one since I was a kid, both for the function and the beauty.
- Why do you have a sauna in your home?
It's our sanctuary, a special treat.
- Do you prefer having a sauna by yourself or with someone?
I like both. It's circumstantial.
- What were your thoughts about design and materials?
The process was seamless, and the materials are great quality.
- Did it turn out the way you had expected?
Yes, it exceeded my expectations.
- How satisfied are you with the service you received from Wittock Supply and Amerec?
I couldn't be happier with both.
- Would you recommend Amerec?
Patrick's Sauna Details:
- Sauna Model: Custom-Cut with Western Red Cedar; Size: 72" x 48" x 75"
- Sauna Door: 24"x72" all-glass clear door
- Heater: Designer 4.5kW heater
- Control: Pure 2.0 digital control
At Amerec, we love to hear from you about your sauna and steam experiences. Submit your sauna/steam experience and we may feature you on our blog. Also, don’t forget to tag your photos on social media with the hashtag #amerec.